Looking to take cool photos in and of Los Angeles?
Below are some of our most-loved spots in a little video montage put together by We Like LA. The idea is that you’ll give it a watch, get some inspiration, then go out to take a few photos of your own!
As a reminder, you should be fine doing recreational photography at any of the locations mentioned below, but be sure to double-check what fees/permits are required if you’re planning to do professional work.
Hope the list helps!
1. Baldwin Hills Scenic Overlook (free)
2. Eaton Canyon Falls (free)
3. Venice Canals (free)
4. Santa Monica Pier (free)
5. Hollywood Bowl (free during day)
6. The Bradbury Building (free)
7. The Huntington Library ($$)
8. Echo Park Lake (free)
9. Chinatown Central Plaza (free)
10. Ascot Hills Park (free)
11. Vista Hermosa Park (free)
12. Turnbull Canyon Hiking Trail (free)
13. Kenneth Hahn Recreation Area (free on weekdays, $6 on weekends and holidays for single vehicles)
14. 1st Street Bridge (free)
15. Antelope Valley Poppy Reserve (paid parking)
16. El Matador State Beach (free)
17. The Getty Villa (free admission w/paid parking)
18. The Getty Center (free admission w/paid parking)
19. Walt Disney Concert Hall exterior (free)
20. City Hall Observation Deck (free, only open on weekdays)
21. Grand Park (free)
22. Urban Lights at LACMA (free) – Note that the museum offers free admission on second Tuesdays and after 3 p.m. on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays & Fridays.
23. Descanso Gardens ($$)
24. Historic Core of Downtown Los Angeles (free)
25. Griffith Observatory (free)
Article courtesy of We Like LA.