Excited about St. Patrick’s Day 2017? You should be. As March 17 lands on a Friday this year, many bars are extending the festivities, making this year’s wearing-of-the-green a three-day affair.
You can get the party started early in Downtown with an Irish coffee, grab a traditional Irish breakfast in a historic pub, stroll a street festival, or head over to the Westside to partake in a pub crawl. Honestly, your options are endless!
Check out our rundown below for all the best St. Paddy’s Day events, deals, dinners, and more.
1. Casey’s St. Patrick’s Day Street FestivalCasey’s in Downtown Los Angeles is once again hosting their annual St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival. Enjoy food, drinks, games and DJs spinning your favorite tunes. The festivities begin early, at 6:00am. Admission is free before 3:30pm and $20 afterwards.
2. St. Patrick’s Day Pub CrawlsIf you want to drink beers at multiple locations, you can try this St. Patrick’s Day themed pub crawl in Hollywood OR if you’re on the westside you can check out Santa Monica’s Kiss Me I’m Irish pub crawl.
3. Great Horror Movie Night: St Patrick’s Day EditionThe Great Horror Movie Nights at the Old Zoo in Griffith Park will screen cult favorite Leprechaun for St. Patrick’s Day. The event will feature plenty of pre-show entertainment including games, prizes, and roaming scare-actors. Discount tickets are available via Goldstar while supplies last. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
4. Venice WhalerThe Venice Whaler is a Westside stalwart — in fact, it was a premier watering hole for such musical titans as the Doors, the Beatles, and the Beach Boys. Just steps from the beach and boasting a big patio, on St. Paddy’s the Whaler’s offering some seriously great drink offers, including Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey Shots at $5, Guinness Pints for $7, and a Guinness and Irish Whiskey Special for $10. Festivities begin at 11:00am and go all the way till 2:00am.
5. Take a Green Cocktail Class at Greenbar DistilleryEnjoy a unique and educational St. Paddy’s at Greenbar Distillery in DTLA, where you can learn how to make tasty green cocktails from experienced mixologists. You’ll be provided with homemade syrups, fresh juices, herbs, fruits, liqueurs, and bitters to create cocktail magic. Get more details here.
6. Attend Tom Bergin’s Public House’s 81st St. Patrick’s Day BashHome of the Irish Coffee, Tom Bergin’s Public House, open since 1936, will throw another of their famous parking lot parties all day and all of the night on St. Patrick’s Day. You can dine on an Irish breakfast, sip their famous Irish Coffee, get a tall one from the Guinness truck, play beer pong, imbibe Irish-inspired cocktails, visit the four satellite bars, listen to the DJ spin, and a whole lot more at this historic pub.
7. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at Golden Road BreweryAll day long at Golden Road Brewery, you can buy four beers for $16 and indulge in Irish-inspired dishes like corned beef and hash sliders, stout beef stew, Irish soda bread, and Lucky Charms Rice Crispy treats.
8. See Flogging Molly LiveMerging traditional Irish music with punk rock, with a sound influenced in no small way by The Pogues, Irish-American band Flogging Molly are playing the world-famous Forum on St Patricks’s Day. Click here for more information.
9. Party Cruise in Long BeachThe Long Beach Pier Pressure Shamrock Cruise is a three-hour Irish-themed excursion where you can enjoy DJ-spun entertainment on two decks and drink from the cash bar as you take in the Long Beach skyline. Goldstar (affiliate) has limited discount tickets here.
10. Celebrate St. Patrick’s Day at TARTTART at the Farmer’s Daughter Hotel is offering numerous specials on St. Patrick’s Day, when happy hour begins at 2:00pm. Enjoy games, contests, green cocktails and an Irish-inspired menu through the evening.
11. Tam O’ShanterTam O’Shanter, one of the oldest restaurants in Los Angeles, will be home to an epic St. Patrick’s Day party. It begins at noon in a special tent area in the parking lot. The music will then fire up at 12:30pm, and the party will go well into the night. Come get your fill of green beer, pub food, and rockin’ music.
12. St. Patty’s Beer Fest at the Legendary Pig ‘n WhistleRaise a pint and pinch the nearest person who’s not wearing green down at the Pig ‘n Whistle on Hollywood Boulevard. Live DJ and plenty of drink specials on Jamison and Guinness all day. Reminder you can get discount tickets to this Irish themed party via Goldstar (affiliate).
13. All-You-Can-Drink Beer at The CannibalGet yourself to The Cannibal on St. Paddy’s. Beginning at 7:00pm at this Culver City beer and butcher shop, the patio beer garden will offer all-you-can-drink beer for $25. In addition, savor all-you-can-eat corned beef and cabbage for $25.
14. 4th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Party at Whiskey Red’sHead to Whiskey Red’s in Marina del Rey for a party featuring drinks specials like $4 green beer, $5 Jameson shots, and $7 Guinness, along with live music from The Molly Maguire’s Band.
15. Enjoy Irish Food & Drink Specials at Hyperion PublicAt Hyperion Public in both Silver Lake and Studio City, enjoy a Guinness paired with Jameson whiskey for $12, along with Irish-inflected comfort food like the HP19 sandwich, loaded with corned beef, Swiss cheese, bacon cole slaw, and spicy Russian dressing on rye bread. Both locations will be open from 11:00am to 11:00pm.
16. Visit Santa Anita for the St. Paddy’s Trackside CelebrationThis L.A. landmark is celebrating St. Paddy’s in style on March 18 with their Trackside Celebration. Your ticket gets you four 3 oz. stout tastings, a full craft beer, clubhouse admission, and access to trackside seating. Get more info and access to Goldstar (affiliate) discount tickets here.
17. Toast St. Patrick’s Day at The Fat DogCelebrate the luck of the Irish at both Fat Dog locations, on Fairfax and in North Hollywood, for $3 Wonderland lagers (tinted green), $5 Irish Setters (whiskey, Irish cream liquor, and creme de menthe), $7 St. Paddy’s themed drink, and two special dishes: Tri-tip Shepherd’s Pie, and Corned Beef and Cabbage Sandwich with Swiss Cheese and Whole Grain Mustard Aioli.
18. Live Music & Food Trucks at Angel City BreweryAngel City Brewery in DTLA’s Arts District is saluting St. Patrick’s Day with food trucks (don’t miss Downtown Taco Co’s corned beef tacos), along with live music from We the Folk, The Lavender Scare, and The Howling Faith. Get more details here.
19. Drink Green Beer at The MorrisonThe Morrison in Atwater Village will offer food and drink specials all day, including Guinness for $5, green beer for $4, corned beef specials, and more.
20. Party at Classic Irish Pub Molly Malone’sA beloved L.A. landmark for over four decades, Molly Malone’s Irish Pub is throwing a party featuring live music all day long, along with traditional Irish fare like Irish stew and corned beef. Admission will be $10 and tickets can be purchased here.
21. Drink Up at Villains TavernLocated in Downtown Los Angeles’ Arts District, Villains Tavern and its steampunk vibe is home to some great St. Patrick’s Day specials: $6 pints of Guinness, $6 Jameson shots, $8 Irish Car Bombs, and $10 Jameson Casemates Drink Special, along with live music from Rob Leines.
Article by We Like LA.