Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city, we decided to curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles every week end that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend (Mar. 31 to Apr. 2) includes International Pillow Fight Day, Bring the Noise at LACMA, a Roaring 20’s Street Jam in Griffith Park, the 420 Games, and LOTS more to choose from.
International Pillow Fight Day 2009. Photo by Brooke via flickr cc
Friday March 31st, 20171. The Last Book Review returns to The Last Bookstore in Downtown Los Angeles. Join host Ever Mainard and five comedians as they tell their own personal, funny and often awkward story on stage. The last comedian will then take the audience through a book review. FREE
2. The Spirit Guild Distillery Tour and Tasting will educate attendees on how fruit and juice from California farms become bottles of gin, vodka, and other spirits. This hour-long, hands-on event includes a tour of the working craft distillery and a taste of the finished products. Tickets are just $10.
3. WonderCon returns to Anaheim Convention Center March 31 through April 2 for the ultimate comic book convention weekend also focusing on TV, film, animation, and more.
4. Every Friday in March Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classesfeaturing seasonal and themed drinks. This week’s theme is Seasonal Produce Cocktails using rum, whiskey and vodka.
5. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. The #1 show in Vegas history comes to L.A. LIVE for a limited engagement. Absinthe, the immersive variety show will feature comedy, burlesque, aerial and acrobatic acts. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. The 19th Annual Film Noir Festival at the Egyptian Theatre Hollywood will take place March 24 through April 2.
8. There is a public opening reception (7-10 p.m.) for a new series of artwork by painter Andru Sisson titled Black Privilege, at the Tappan Atelier this Friday. FREE
9. Second City Tours reveals the dark side of the famed Hollywood Boulevard. The walking tour, led by an informed guide will take you through ghostly crime scenes and spooky landmarks. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar)
10. Free admission days this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art
Saturday April 1st, 201711. The 7th Annual Artisanal L.A. Spring Show is back for two-days of exploring handmade crafts, chef demos, pop-ups, DIY stations, workshops, a lounge and plenty of shopping. Be sure to grab discount tickets (while supplies last) from our friends at Goldstar. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. A CURRENT AFFAIR is hosting a two-day pop-up vintage marketplace at the iconic Cooper Design Space in DTLA. Shop from 65 premier vintage retailers and private dealers showcasing their best vintage clothing, accessories, and jewelry.
13. 6th Annual Winner’s Circle BBQ Championship returns to Santa Anita Park for a mouthwatering showdown. Guests will have a chance to taste some of the best BBQ as sanctioned by the Kansas City BBQ Society. There will also be a People’s Choice Award at the end of the event! Some discount ticketsavailable. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. This Saturday, April 1 is International Pillow Fight Day. Here in Los Angeles a group will be gathering to celebrate around 2:30 p.m. at Pershing Square. If you plan to participate, please lend a hand in helping clean up after the event. Bring your own pillows (soft pillows only!). FREE
15. Arranged by the Atlas Obscura Society, A Night on the Battleshipcomes to Battleship Iowa in Los Angeles on Saturday April 1 for an overnight adventure aboard the USS Iowa featuring tours of the massive warship, mess hall meals, a special Q&A session and maybe even an appearance by the mysterious “Gray Ghost.”
16. Roaring Twenties Street Jam returns with a spring edition April 1-2 with speakeasy parties, Marry-go round party, Lawn party and live entertainment throughout the weekend. Some discount tickets also availabe for April 2. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
17. As part of Bring the Noise, Film Independent at LACMA’s new music program, guests are invited to hear a new live score accompanying John Hughes’ The Breakfast Club, courtesy Jack Antonoff of Bleachers.
18. On Saturday, April 1, visit the Petersen Automotive Museum for Keith Haring Day, a celebration of the art of the late, great pop artist and the focus of the Petersen’s current exhibit, The Unconventional Canvases of Keith Haring. This five-piece art exhibit features Keith’s paintings on different cars and bikes.
19. Vanessa Mooney is hosting a one day sample sale over in Eagle Rock with a few Cleobella, Beach Riot, Mate the Label, and Indah Clothing. Dubbed as the ultimate festival jewelry brand, Mooney’s items will also be on sale online starting Thursday March 30 and will continue through the weekend until Monday April 3.
20. Handcrafted ice cream sandwich purveyors CREAM will grand open in North Hollywood this Saturday, giving out one free ice cream sandwich to each guest from noon to 7 p.m. FREE
21. 2nd Annual 420 Games Los Angeles heads to the Santa Monica Pier for an active day of sports, music, yoga, beer tasting, standup comedy and more. The goal of the event is to combat the stereotypical ideas of cannabis use. Admission ranges from $4.20 to $60 based on the types of activities you sign up for.
22. 22nd Annual Uptown Whittier Spring Antique Street Faire will feature 90+ vendors selling collectibles from woodcraft, hat to home goods FREE
23. Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre returns with their signature horror-theatre show Urban Death revamped for this year! The show will take a deep dive into unspeakable horrors, monstrosities, and disturbed spirits that walk among us. Highly regarded as one of the must see shows in L.A. annually this show is perfect for horror fans.
Sunday April 2nd, 201724. Disney’s Beauty and the Beast will screen at the El Capitan Theatrewith special pre-show activities including a light show, an all-new Beauty and the Beast overture arranged by Michael Kosarin and costumes, props and sets from the movie. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. 2 Girls 1 Pup Show features LA’s top-dog comedians raising money “FUR a Good PAWS” this Sunday. Guests are highly encouraged to bring their dogs and enjoy the pre-show red carpet event with a PUParazzi included.
26. The Federal Bar presents another installation of Gary Calamar’s Mimosa Music Series. The free show will feature Jimmer Podrasky and Skylar Gudasz this Sunday.
27. Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
Article courtesy of We Like LA.