This weekend (Jan. 20 to Jan. 22) includes the Pancakes & Booze Art Show, Riot LA, a wine festival at Union Station, Women’s March Los Angeles, an paella party at L&E, and LOTS more to choose from.
Friday January 20th, 20171. The Pancakes & Booze Art Show returns to Lot 613 in Los Angeles on Jan. 20 and Jan. 21 for an art exhibition offering a delectable mix of booze, flapjacks, and work from local artists.
2. 2017’s Riot LA Comedy Festival runs from Jan. 19-22. The lineup of comedic all-stars for this year includes Ali Wong, Felipe Esparza, the return of Dr. Katz, plus a live chat with Mel Brooks followed by a screening of Blazing Saddles. For those interested we spotted a few discount deals via Goldstar you might also want to take advantage of for the following:
4. Thrones!, a hilarious musical parody of Game of Thrones is playing at The Hudson Theatre in Hollywood Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. Fight for democracy by singing your butts off during A Hamilton Singalong, join an audience of revolutionaries as they sing through the entire score of the hit musical Hamilton during this Inauguration Day defiance dance party taking place at Three Clubs. No cover, NOT MY PRESIDENT cocktail specials, $1 tacos and Cheetos for everyone!
6. Sure to be a devilish good time, “Helvis” and His Angels of Mercy will perform a song and striptease during Greaseland Rockabilly & Burlesque at Harvelle’s in Long Beach. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. dineL.A. Restaurant Week continues through Jan. 27. More than just a week, dineL.A. offers food-lovers two straight weeks to taste, explore, and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from top restaurants across Los Angeles. Need a little help selecting places to go? Try our nifty guide to dineL.A. which includes our top picks
8. The Virus: An Immersive Escape Room Experience happening Friday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. Every Friday of January, Greenbar Distillery in Downtown Los Angeles will host cocktail classes featuring seasonal and themed drinks. This weeks theme is New Orleans Cocktails.
10. The Odyssey Theatre Ensemble will host free previews for the Koan Unit’s production of “BECKETT 5” five rarely seen, short plays by Samuel Beckett from Jan. 18 to 20 at 8 p.m. The public must call in advance to reserve a seat, and mention WE LIKE LA for this freebie
11. It’s a Presidential themed Rocky Horror Picture Show at The Rockwell. Let broadway, film and TV stars dazzle you on stage to help you forget about the dismal election for just one moment. Show happens Friday and Saturday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
12. Spend a day at the races with the Farriers Package at Santa Anita Race Tracks. The package includes admission to the races, box seating and a racing program, along with a pint of local craft beer. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Redondo Beach Restaurant Week continues through 27, and will feature 14 eateries from the beach city’s burgeoning food scene. All participating restaurants will offer either specially priced prix-fixe lunches and/or dinners, or other Restaurant Week-only specials.
14. The Completely Different Late Show put on by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company will have you LOLing in your seats while shouting ridiculous scenarios to a seasoned cast of improv. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
15. The Alchemist’s Lab is an escape room experience putting you right in the shoes of a junior detective at Scotland Yard in the 19th century. Do you have what it takes to uncover the devious plans of the alchemist? Happening Friday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
16. Free admission day this Friday for: Long Beach Museum of Art
Saturday January 21st, 201717. Uncorked: L.A. comes to Union Station on Saturday Jan. 21 for the biggest wine experience in the city. Come get your fill of more than 150 wines, a champagne bar, and gourmet food trucks.
18. Women’s March Los Angeles happens the day after Inauguration Day. Join Angelenos who support human rights, civil liberties, tolerance of diversity and compassion in Pershing Square to march through DTLA. Post march there will be live entertainment, food trucks and informational booths to keep the fight going.
19. Experience the food, culture and history of Downtown Los Angeles through a three hour foodie tour this Saturday and Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. Michael Rosenbaum, Theo Von and more will be doing stand-up at L.A.’s legendary Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Learn the Winter Olympics sport of curling! Beginner and pros are all welcome. The lesson will feature an excellent introduction to the basics, including sliding stones, sweeping, and game strategy. All equipment provided.
22. Stop by Eagle Rock Brewery’s 7th Anniversary Party this Saturday featuring ticketed drink tastings, food trucks and more!
23. Chinese New Year Festival in Monterey Park is a two day street fair featuring live entertainment, art, street food and a carnival. FREE [UPDATE: Monterey Park’s Chinese New Year’s celebration is actually next weekend, Jan. 28-29.]
24. Head over to Sunset Beach for the International Tiki Market Place. Score some tiki goods from over 50 vendors, the $10 admission even comes with a voucher for food & drink.
25. Brooklyn-born craft market Artists & Fleas will be Venice Beach this weekend and will feature locally made art, fashion, vintage and beyond.
26. The Rookery 4th Anniversary Beer Fest in Pomona will offer 4oz pours of rare brews on tap in a pay as you go format.
27. The Los Angeles Master Chorale will perform Beethoven’s Missa solemnis on Jan 21 and 22 at Walt Disney Concert Hall. This marks the first 2017 performance for the L.A. Master Chorale and will feature 120 singers, a full orchestra, and four soloists conducted by Artistic Director Grant Gershon.
Sunday January 22nd, 201728. L&E Oyster Bar is celebrating five years of being one of the most beloved spots in Silver Lake with a paella party this Sunday, Jan. 22. starting at 5 p.m. Chef Spencer Bezaire will be serving paella, on the house, until it’s gone. Since L&E shucks up some of the best oysters in town the generous team will also serve FREE oysters… until they run out (which may be quick depending on how many people show). FREE
29. The Petersen Automotive Museum is hosting a free screening of Goldfinger (1964) on Sunday. FREE
30. Ladyface Ale Company in Agoura Hills is celebrating their 7th anniversary with an invitational boutique beer festival. Attendees will have the opportunity to quench their thirst, try hard-to-find ales, and even savor the debut of the “The Shepherdess,” Ladyface’s barrel-aged Belgian barleywine.
31. The Aqualillies will lead a fun and creative synchronized swim class at the Annenberg Community Beach House where you’ll learn back layouts, ballet legs, torpedoes and more! The class cost $37 a person and comes with parking and hot chocolate.
32. The Pasadena Museum of California Art is currently having a special on admission through Goldstar where tickets are complementary with a $3 service fee (tickets usually cost $7 a person.) See current exhibits by Llyod Hamrol, Joan Perlman and a 90 painting show on California coast culture titled: In the Land of Sunshine. The promo runs throughout the week and weekend for the next few weeks. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Laughing Matters: The Inaugural Comedy Ball at The Improv is a night of stand-up benefiting nonprofits Human Rights Watch and Feminist Majority. Featuring Kevin Nealon, Carol Leifer, Erica Rhodes, Selene Luna hosted by Bruce Vilanch.
34. The Queen Mary is issuing a special Locals’ Annual Pass to make it easier than ever for SoCal residents to visit the world-famous cruise liner all year round. The pass includes complimentary three-hour parking and admission to the ship and exhibits. Grab yours for a special price on Goldstar! DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
35. The Federal Bar presents another installation of Gary Calamar’s Mimosa Music Series. The free show will feature Chuck Prophet and Mt. Joy this Sunday.
36. Free admission days this Sunday for: Museum of Latin American Art and pay what you can at the Craft and Folk Art Museum. FREE
Article by We Like LA.