Need stuff to do this month in Los Angeles? We looked ahead on our calendar to focus in on some of the best events happening in June around Los Angeles that you should probably have on your radar. After all, better to get your tickets now than wait till the last minute and find out your favorite event is sold out.
June 2018 event highlights includes KCRW Summer Nights, Venice Pride, FIGFest, Arroyo Seco Weekend, the Hollywood Fringe Festival, the DTLA Donut Festival, and much more.
Our complete rundown starts after the jump. Enjoy!
1. FIGFest (starting June 1)FIGat7th Downtown Festival is back for another festive summer filled with good tunes and good times. Free concerts will take place on four Fridays in June with performers including Poolside, Lion Babe, Gabriel Garzón-Montano and Thumper. -> More information
2. Grand Performances (starting June 1)For over 30 years, Grand Performances has offered a variety of performance events at California Plaza, for free. Their 2018 summer series kicks off on June 1, and continues through August 18. Higher! The Psychedelic Soul & Genius of Sly and the Family Stone will kick off the series. -> More information
3. KCRW Summer Nights (starting June 2)KCRW kicks off their summer of free outdoor concerts this month with two events at One Colorado and a June 30 edition of Chinatown Summer Nights. -> More information
4. 3rd Annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party with Thelma Houston (June 2)The 3rd annual Venice Pride Sign Lighting & Block Party 2018 returns to Windward Avenue on June 2 for an inclusive celebration of the LGBTQ+ community with Thelma Houston, DJs, food trucks & more. -> More information
5. ‘Made in L.A. 2018’ Opening Celebration at The Hammer (June 2)Celebrate the glories of Los Angeles art when Made in L.A. opens at the Hammer in Westwood. The opening night party of the fourth incarnation of this art showcase takes place on Saturday, June 2 and is FREE and open to the public. -> More information
6. The 21st Annual South Robertson (SORO) Community Festival (June 3)SORO Festival is a free Westside event with fun activities for kids and adults alike. Highlights include live music, vendor booths, a Beer and Wine Garden, gourmet food truck stop, a car show and more. -> More information
7. Los Angeles’ Taste of the Nation 2018 in Culver City (June 3)Taste of the Nation is returning to Culver City on June 3 for another year of unlimited food samples and fundraising for No Kid Hungry. -> More information
8. Hollywood Fringe Festival (June 7-24)Venues such as 2nd Stage, Hudson Theatres, The Broadwater and the Underground Annex Theater will host comedy, ensemble theatre, dance and many more performances during the annual Hollywood Fringe Festival. Be sure to check out our preview guide for the best of this year’s Fringe Fest. -> More information
9. One Night Only: Taste Of Israel at the Skirball Cultural Center (June 7)For one night only, the best of Israel’s culinary creators gather at the Skirball Cultural Center on June 7 for a bottomless gourmet food and wine sampling. -> More information
10. Downtown Dark Nights Birthday Edition at L.A. LIVE (June 8)Downtown Dark Nights Birthday Edition at L.A. Live is a one-night only birthday bash that will feature live bands, DJs, $5 food & drink menus, local artisans, street performers and more. Admission is free. -> More information
11. ‘Summer of Salsa’ Concert Series: 5 FREE Cuban/Salsa Shows in DTLAThis monthly free concert series kicks off at La Plaza de Cultura y Artes on June 8. -> More information
12. The L.A. Pride Festival Returns to West Hollywood (June 9-10)In honor of Pride Week 2018, the two-day festival Pride Festival will feature headliners Kehlani & Tove Lo at West Hollywood Park. Tickets start at $20. -> More information
13. GRoW @ The Wallis: ‘The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy’ (June 14-17)Experience the theatrical version of Douglas Adams’ cult classic novel The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy when it comes to the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts June 14-17. -> More information
14. The KTOWN Night Market (June 15-16)For the 4th year in a row, the KTOWN Night Market is returning to Koreatown for a weekend of live music performances, delicious food offerings and trendy Korean-beauty shopping. -> More information
15. DTLA Donut Festival at Union Station (June 16)Everyone’s favorite pastry now has a dedicated event! Highlights of the DTLA Donut Festival at Union Station include donuts tastings, live fry demonstrations, chef-led workshops, coffee tastings and much more. -> More information
16. The 2018 L.A. Beer Week Kickoff Festival (June 16)L.A. Beer Week marks its 2018 return with over 90 independent craft breweries, live music and tons of entertainment at Los Angeles Center Studios. -> More information
17. HUSHfest Silent Disco 2018 at the Santa Monica Pier (June 16)HUSHfest returns for 2018, with five different Silent Disco events taking place on Saturday nights throughout the summer (starting June 16) at the Santa Monica Pier. -> More information
18. The El Segundo Art Walk Returns for Three Nights During Summer 2018 (June 21)The El Segundo Art Walk will take place every third Thursday in June, July and August. The event is a self-guided featuring works from 40+ artists in 30+ venues in downtown El Segundo and Smoky Hollow. -> More information
19. Silver Lake Picture Show (starting June 21)Now in its seventh season, The Silver Lake Picture Show offers free outdoor film screenings on select Thursdays at Sunset Triangle Plaza. This year’s series starts on June 21 with a screening of Dirty Dancing. -> More information
20. The Mass Meditation Initiative at Los Angeles State Historic Park (June 23)The Mass Meditation Initiative is a FREE festival that features mindful yoga, live performances, sound domes, vegan products, art and more at Los Angeles State Historic Park. -> More information
21. The South Bay Festival of the Arts in Torrance (June 23)Taking place at the Torrance Cultural Arts Center, the South Bay Festival of the Arts in Torrance will feature live entertainment, art exhibitions, crafts and more. -> More information
22. 2nd Annual Concha Con at Plaza de la Raza (June 23)Concha Con at Plaza de la Raza will feature over 60 Latinx vendors (with sweet treats!), interactive installations, live food demonstrations, a fashion show, a Lucha Libre art exhibit and kid-friendly activities. -> More information
23. The LA Taco & Beer Festival at Raleigh Studios (June 23-24)The L.A. Taco & Beer Festival is back at at Raleigh Studios in Hollywood with unlimited taco and beer tastings from local and national taco venders and breweries. -> More information
24. Arroyo Seco Weekend Returns June 23-24 at the Pasadena Rose Bowl (June 23-24)The Arroyo Seco Weekend music festival features an impressive lineup for both days including Neil Young, Kings of Leon, Jack White, Pretenders, Alanis Morissette and Third Eye Blind. -> More information
25. Summer Happenings at The Broad (starting June 30)Summer Happenings at The Broad is a series of late-night events featuring music, performance and art held on the last Saturday night from June through September. Now in its third year, Summer Happenings will take place on June 30, July 28, August 25 and September 29. -> More information
26. Chicas Tacos Baja Market L.A. 2018 (June 30)Chicas Tacos in DTLA will celebrate their anniversary on June 30 from 4 to 9:30 p.m. with Baja Market L.A. Taking place in the backlot of Chicas Tacos. The event will highlight Baja Mexico’s Valle De Guadalupe with an afternoon fiesta showcasing a roster of talent from the region. -> More information
Schedule courtesy of We Like LA.