Need stuff to do this month in Los Angeles? We looked ahead on our calendar to focus in on some of the best events happening in March around Los Angeles that you should probably have on your radar. After all, better to get your tickets now than wait till the last minute and find out your favorite event is sold out.
March 2018 event highlights include an IPA Festival, Art Night Pasadena, the Sierra Madre Wistaria Festival, Bach in the Subways, the Redondo Beach Kite Festival, and lots more.
A complete rundown starts after the jump. Enjoy!
1. Food Book Fair L.A. at the Ace Hotel (March 2-4)The first annual Food Book Fair hits the Act Hotel in Downtown L.A. March 2-4 for a delicious weekend of events for foodies and food publishing. -> More information
2. Art Inspired by Song Lyrics: ‘Lyrics to Life’ in DTLA (March 2-5)Lyrics to Life,’ a FREE four-day pop-up exhibition featuring art inspired by song lyrics from the likes of The Notorious B.I.G., Radiohead, Nicki Minaj and The Weeknd, comes to Downtown Los Angeles from March 2-5. -> More information
3. The Pasadena Museum of History Goes Sci-Fi (March 3)The Pasadena Museum of History’s new exhibit, “Dreaming the Universe: The Intersection of Science, Fiction, and Southern California” opens on March 3. To celebrate they’re hosting a day of family-friendly activities and free admission. -> More information
4 The 5th Annual Los Angeles IPA Festival at Mohawk Bend in Echo Park (March 3-4)The 5th Annual Los Angeles IPA Festival returns to Mohawk Bend in Echo Park on March 3-4! Mohawk will be tapping 60 IPAs, all brewed by Golden State breweries. -> More information
5. Mai Tais on the Moon at the Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge in North Hollywood (March 4)Highlights of Mai Tais on the Moon at the Tonga Hut Tiki Lounge in North Hollywood include Tonga Tom spinning tunes outside, Durango’s Tacos, delicious Mai Tais, plus a chance to create Tikiyaki song-based art. -> More information
6. All-Star Chef Classic at L.A. LIVE (March 7-10)All-Star Chef Classic at L.A. Live in DTL, from March 7-10, will feature dinners made by top chefs like Ludo Lefebvre, Michael Voltaggo, Jose Andres, Nyesha Arrington & Jose Garces. -> More information – Discount tickets
7. Art Night Pasadena (March 9)19 Pasadena cultural institutions will participate in a night of free art, music, and entertainment. There are even FREE shuttles to transport guests to their next destination. Venues include the Norton Simon Museum, Pasadena Museum of California Art, Kidspace Children’s Museum, and more. -> More information
8. Metro Art Presents: Josh Nelson & The Discovery Project at Union Station (March 9)Visit Downtown L.A.’s Union Station on March 9 when Metro Arts plays host to Josh Nelson & The Discovery Project as the jazz group brings “a multimedia love letter to Los Angeles” combining video, light & live music to the iconic train station. -> More information
9. Smorgasburg’s 2nd Annual Popup on the Pier in Santa Monica (March 10)Westside foodies rejoice! Smorgasburg’s 2nd Annual Popup comes to the Pier in Santa Monica on Saturday March 10 for a one-day affair that will satisfy your tastebuds . -> More information
10. ‘Buffy’ Prom with ‘Buffering the Vampire Slayer’ at the Ace Hotel in DTLA (March 10)Buffering The Vampire Slayer Presents: The Prom at the Ace Hotel in Los Angeles on March 10 for a night of dancing and fun dedicated to the classic 90s television show “Buffy The Vampire Slayer.” -> More information
11. 44th Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival (March 12)The 44th Annual Redondo Beach Kite Festival returns to the Redondo Beach Pier on March 12 for an all-ages free afternoon of kite-flying and fun. -> More information
12. Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop Celebration at California African American Museum (March 14)CAAM in Los Angeles is hosting a celebration in honor of five new exhibit openings featuring exhibit tours, DJ sets and food trucks. Entrance to the event is free! -> More information
13. The Other Art Fair is Coming to Downtown L.A. (March 15-18)Hosted at the Majestic Downtown, the Other Art Fair, a one-of-a-kind art fair, will feature artwork by emerging local & international artists. -> More information – Discount tickets
14. Venice Art Crawl Returns with First of Four Events in 2018 (March 15)The Venice Art Crawl is a free community event to showcase local artists and vendors. The March 15 Art Crawl will take place on Windward Avenue. -> More information
15. Arcade Expo 2018 at the Museum of Pinball (March 16-18)PAC-MAN and Donkey Kong fans rejoice because the Arcade Expo is returning the Museum of Pinball in Banning from March 16-18 with some 1,100 retro and modern arcade games and pinball machines. -> More information
16. PaleyFest LA at the Dolby Theatre (March 16-25)Premiere TV festival PaleyFest LA returns to Hollywood’s Dolby Theatre March 16-25 for another year of cutting-edge programs and panels connecting television fans with the stars of their favorite shows. -> More information – Discount tickets
17. L.A. Nature Fest at The Natural History Museum L.A. (March 17-18)L.A. Nature Fest comes to The Natural History Museum L.A. (NHMLA) March 17-18 for a special visit with some of our coolest animal neighbors! -> More information
18. Sierra Madre Wistaria Festival (March 17-18)This year’s Sierra Madre Wistaria Festival features two days of fun . On Saturday, March 17 there will be a green living expo, beer garden, and music. Sunday, March 18 features the vine tours (free to enter, but a shuttle ticket is extra). Note that Sunday is the only day you’ll actually be able to view the vine. -> More information
19. Enjoy Free Music During Bach in the Subways (March 21-25)In honor of J.S. Bach’s birthday, Bach in the Subways returns to L.A. with free performances at Union Station, North Hollywood, Glendale, and other public venues. The events are highlighted by a 10-hour Bach Marathon at Union Station on March 24. -> More information
20. The Mermaid Museum Comes to Goya Studios (March 22-25)The Siren-inspired POPSUGAR x Freeform Mermaid Museum will feature a photo spot that allows guests to look as though they’re floating in an underwater garden plus a 360-degree animated underwater projection and soundscape. Free to attend! -> More information
21. Latin Food Fest at Santa Monica Beach (March 23-24)Highlights of the 2018 Latin Food Fest Celebration in Santa Monica include food, beer & wine booths, demos by celebrity chefs, Latin rock band, Sonsoles, a michelada bar, a spirits expo, and more! -> More information
22. Waffles & Beer Festival at Pershing Square in DTLA(March 24-25)Waffles and Beer Festival comes to Pershing Square in Downtown L.A. March 24-25 to celebrate the Swedish Tradition known as Waffle Day. -> More information
23. LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes Celebrates César Chávez Day (March 25)This free celebration features educational, interactive workshops, Xipe Totec Aztec Dance Group, The César Chávez Foundation and much more. -> More information
24. Cherry Blossom Festivals (various dates)Numerous Cherry Blossom festivals will pop up around Los Angeles this March, including at Descanso Gardens (all month long), Torrance, South Coast Botanic Garden, Huntington Beach, and West Covina. -> More information
Schedule courtesy of We Like LA.