2. Summer Block Party at Malibu Country MartAugust 12: Enjoy afternoon filled with activities ranging from a petting zoo to face painting and more. Event is from 12 – 3 p.m. and takes place at the Malibu Country Mart. -> More information
3. CicLAvia: San Pedro Meets WilmingtonAugust 13: Bike, run, sprint, or walk at the closed-streets event. -> More information
4. Grand PerformancesGrand Performances offers free summer events in Los Angeles. Eight performances are still left in August, and one L.A. Chamber Orchestra concert in September -> More information.
5. Dance/DJ Nights at Grand ParkThe Music Center’s Dance DTLA takes place at Grand park and will continue through September 1. Dance Downtown takes place every other Friday night and is from 7 – 11 p.m. DJ Nights runs every other Friday as well and goes from 9 p.m. – 12 a.m. -> More information
6. Sunday Sessions at Grand ParkGrand Park offers a free dance party one Sunday per month. Two dates remain to pay tribute to L.A.’s house music scene: August 21 and September 17. -> More information
7. KCRW Summer NightsFree outdoor series with events at the Santa Monica Pier, the Annenberg Space for Photography, the Hammer Museum, and many other locations. Dates still left are August 11 and 25, plus Chinatown Summer Nights, September 2. -> 2017 Summer Nights schedule.
8. Echo Park RisingAugust 17-20: Free music on Sunset Blvd, Glendale Blvd, Alvarado Avenue and Echo Park Avenue. The 2017 lineup includes The Buttertones, CRX, Moon Honey, Meatbodies, and many more appearances. -> More information
9. Family Art Day at the HammerAugust 19: Free event offering art, performances, music, and much more. -> More information
10. Red Bull Soapbox Race Los Angeles at Elysian ParkAugust 20: The Red Bull Soapbox Race Los Angeles comes to Elysian Park on August 20 for an exciting day at the races. Experienced and amateur drivers unite as they race on their homemade soapbox crafts down the twists and turns of Angels Point Road for its annual global event. -> More information
11. Griffith Observatory Solar Eclipse Viewing EventAugust 21: From 9 a.m. – 12 p.m. stop by Griffith Observatory from 9 a.m. to noon and experience the 70% partial solar eclipse. -> More information
12. Friday Flights at the GettyAugust 25: Final installment of Friday Flights at the Getty. -> More information
13. GinCITY at Greenbar DistilleryAugust 27: Greenbar Distillery will open its doors and showcase its latest, CITY Bright Gin. Guests will have the opportunity to tour the distillery, sample gin cocktails, view installations, and enjoy live music. Food trucks will also be on site. Admission is free, but you need to RVSP for timed entry. -> More information
14. Shakespeare in the ParkFree/donation-based Shakespeare from Wednesday – Sunday through September 3 in Griffith Park. -> More information
15. Silver Lake Picture ShowOutdoor movies screened every other Thursday at Sunset Triangle Square. Still remaining for 2017: Space Jam on August 17, 10 Things I Hate About You on August 31, and Scream on September 14. -> More information
13. Summer Movie Fest at Cal State NorthridgeFree weekly movie night on CSUN’s Oviatt Library Lawn. Films still remaining: Psycho on August 10, La La Land on August 17, Space Jam on August 24, and Doctor Strange on August 31. -> More information
16. Sunset Concerts at Skirball Cultural CenterA showcase for up-and-coming and established artists from everywhere. Four more dates left to attend. -> More information
17. Summer Nights in the Garden at Natural History MuseumAn evening of cocktails, music, tours, and more at the Natural History Museum. Dates left: August 11 and August 25. -> More information
18. DT Stage Concert Series at Pershing SquareTwo big concerts left for summer 2017: The B-52s on August 12 and X on August 19. -> More information
19. Free Museum DaysPlenty of free museum days in August to check out!