Check out our rundown below for some of Los Angeles’ best St. Patrick’s Day events!
1. St. Paddy’s with a Tiki TwistWhat’s even better than $5 Guinness and Jameson specials? Change things up at Tiki No in North Hollywood on St. Patrick’s Day, where you can sip those enduring Irish potations, along with tiki classics like the Scorpion Bowl, Navy Grog, and the Suffering Bastard.
2. Listen to Pogues & Guns N’ Roses Tribute Bands in HollywoodProclaiming itself “the biggest party in Hollywood,” the Cahuenga Block Party at Hollywood and Cahuenga will feature live music all day (including Dirty Old Town, a Pogues tribute, and all-girl GNR tribute band Paradise Ktty), along with outdoor lounges, about a dozen DJs, an outdoor stage and a free drink with your early-bird ticket purchase.
3. Swing Dance While Surrounded by Art Deco SplendorDowntown’s gorgeous Cicada Club, an art deco restaurant/nightclub built in the ’20s (it began as a posh haberdashery) is hosting a special St. Patrick’s Day show led by Johnny Holiday. A singer who performs in the style of Bing Crosby (Holiday’s uncle), this modern-day crooner will perform with his 11-piece dance orchestra. The show also features The Honey Taps, a charming troupe of ‘30s-style chorus girls.
4. Stout Tasting & Horse Racing at Santa Anita ParkThe SGV’s landmark horse-racing track will celebrate the luck of the Irish in style with their Trackside Celebration. Your ticket gets you four 3 oz. stout tastings, a full craft beer, clubhouse admission, and access to trackside seating. Get more info and access to Goldstar (affiliate) discount tickets here. The day will also feature a special Irish trackside menu.
5. Run a 5K in the South BayWork up a sweat instead of (or before) carousing during the St. Patrick’s Day 5K in Redondo Beach. The course winds its way through Redondo’s scenic waterfront area.
6. Nosh on Corned Beef Tacos & Listen to Irish Music in a Downtown BrewerySt. Patrick’s Day at Angel City Brewery in Downtown Los Angeles will feature corned beef tacos, Irish coffee stout, Irish music from Opera on Tap Los Angeles, Americana rock band The Sound of Ghost… and NO COVER CHARGE!
7. Casey’s St. Patrick’s Day Street FestivalCasey’s St. Patrick’s Day Street Festival will shut down four blocks in downtown featuring DJs, dancing, Irish whiskey and beer, and more. The street fest will run from 11 a.m. to 2 a.m.
8. Party at a Westside Irish PubThis 15-hour party at The Irish Times Pub in Palms begins at 9 a.m., allowing customers time to savor a hearty Irish breakfast. In addition, listen to hours of live music (including Celtic tunes from Red Wing Social Club), partake of Irish stew or corned beef and cabbage, play games and enjoy other festivities.
9. Vegan Food, Green Beer & Live Music in Marina del ReyThe St. Paddy’s bash at Brennan’s in Marina del Rey will feature both vegan and non-vegan food specials, along with green beer and live music from five bands.
10. 7th Annual Rock & Reilly’s St. Paddy’s Day Block PartyCelebrate St. Patrick’s Day while benefiting a good cause (MVP: Merging Vets & Players) at this Sunset Strip pub’s back lot shindig, back for a seventh year, which will offer partygoers 100 kegs of green beer, DJs, food, and lots of games.
11. Imbibe at Seven of Hollywood’s Coolest BarsVisit seven of Hollywood’s coolest Bars during MiniBar’s “Hollywood Crawl of Fame.” Attendees will enjoy cocktail specials at this well-curated selection of Hollywood’s finest bars, with live Irish music and a party at the finish line. Buy a ticket for $25 — participating venues include MiniBar Hollywood, Ever Bar, The Parker Room, Sassafras, Sunset & Vinyl, Lost Property and Three Clubs.
12. Bagpipes, Guinness, Pac Man & More in DTLABrack Shop Tavern’s St. Patrick’s Day will include live bagpipes from 3-6pm, corned beef sliders, $7 Guinness pints, $5 green Budweiser, $10 Irish car bombs and $8 Jameson shots, along with Brack Shop’s usual game room fun: Pac Man, ping pong, darts and more.
13. Get Terrorized by a Leprechaun in Los FelizStart St. Patrick’s Day bright and early with a midnight screening of Leprechaun at the Vista Theatre — a beautiful 95-year-old vintage cinema in Los Feliz — in honor of the cult classic’s 25th anniversary.
14. Ten-Venue Hollywood Block Party & Pub CrawlThis pub crawl starts at St. Felix in Hollywood, then continues on to The Outpost, The Room, Pig ‘n’ Whistle and much more. Tickets are $18 and earn you some free welcome shots, amazing drink specials and access to the St. Pat’s photo booth.
15. Watch Burlesque in Long BeachEnjoy the art of the tease when the Dirty Little Secrets burlesque troupe titillates and tantalizes guests at their “Getting’ Lucky” St. Paddy’s-themed show at Harvelle’s in Long Beach.
16. Engage in a Pub Crawl Through Downtown Los AngelesEnjoy welcome shots with drink purchases, along with other tempting bargains, during this DTLA crawlthat includes Library Bar, Broadway Bar, Crocker Club, Beelman’s, Golden Road Brewing, The Association, Sixth Street Tavern, Los Angeles Biergarten and other watering holes.
17. Ten-Venue Hollywood Block Party & Pub CrawlHappening both the day before St. Patrick’s Day and on the day itself, you can sip drink specials like $2 beers, $3 well drinks, and $4 shots during this crawl that begins at either the classic Pig ‘n’ Whistle or The Outpost. Goldstar is offering a limited number of discount tickets to this crawl, so grab ’em while they last.
18. Swing & Latin & Ballroom Dance Party in OrangePhil’s Ballroom Dance Studio in Orange is hosting a festive St. Patrick’s Day dance with live music. Don’t know how to dance? No worries — a pre-party swing dance lesson is part of the fun. In addition, this celebration at the oldest dance school in the O.C. will include giveaways, light refreshments and punch. Goldstar is offering discounted tickets while supplies last.
19. Bar Hop in Newport BeachEngage in a day and night of Newport Beach bar hopping this St. Paddy’s. Your pub crawl map will guide you to numerous area clubs and bars where you’ll encounter specials on Irish whiskey and more, along with plenty of music. Our friends at Goldstar are offering some discounted tickets to this Luck of the Irish crawl.
20. Waterfront Patio Party at Whiskey Reds in Marina del ReyBreathe in the ocean air and enjoy the views of MDR and the Pacific Ocean during the 5th Annual St. Patty’s Patio Party at Whiskey Red’s. For $20, you’ll enjoy small bites, dancing, DJs, party favors and drink special access: $4 green beer, $5 Jameson Shots, $7 Guinness, and $8 Irish Car Bombs
21. Feast on Dark Beers at the Stout Festival in TorranceAre you bored with IPAs? At the N’owt but Stout Festival, taking place at Yorkshire Square Brewery in Torrance, enjoy exceptional dark beers, on cask and keg, from breweries hand-selected by the venue’s head brewer, Andy Black. You’ll sip pour after pour and get a stout beer education along the way.
22. Imbibe at Golden Road BrewingBeginning at 10 a.m. on St. Patrick’s Day and continuing until 2 a.m., Golden Road Brewing will offer $5 pints of Irish Red Ale and Nitro Stout or $15 select pitchers. Live music begins at 2 p.m. with the band Green With Envy.
23. Party at One of L.A.’s Oldest RestaurantsOne of the oldest restaurants in Los Angeles — a longtime favorite of Walt Disney — the Tam O’Shanter will be home to an epic St. Patrick’s Day party. The party and live music begin at noon in a special tented area in the parking lot, with entry to the music tent is just $5. Or spring for VIP entry — it’s $175, but that gets you exclusive seating on the newly restored patio, five drink tickets, two hours of buffet access, VIP-only drink specials, and special VIP-only raffles with prizes from Tullamore Dew Whiskey, Carlsberg Brewery and Lawry’s Restaurants.
24. Pub Crawl Along Main Street in Santa MonicaThis famed Santa Monica pub crawl happens on both March 16 and 17 includes drink specials at around a dozen venues along Main Street. The crawl will feature $3 beers, $4 well drinks and $5 shots.