Need stuff to do this month in Los Angeles?
January 2018 event highlights include a No Pants Metro Ride, a Rick and Morty Pub Crawl, Night on Broadway, a SoCal Museum Free-For-All, and MUCH more.
1. LA Phil’s Rooftop Music Series ‘The Garden’ (starts Jan. 5)‘The Garden’ is a new series by the LA Phil offering complimentary pre-concert drinks and views of the DTLA Skyline followed by masterful performances. Taking place on select Fridays starting January 5 through June 1. -> More information – Discount tickets
2. Comedy Workshops & Shows at Second City Hollywood’s Open House (Jan. 6)Open House at Second City Hollywood returns January 6 for a fun-filled day of free comedy workshops and shows. -> More information
3. LA Chocolate Festival & Pastry Show (Jan. 6)The LA Chocolate Festival & Pastry Show comes to the Omni Hotel in DTLA on January 6. Some of the best chocolatiers and pastry chefs in Los Angeles will offer confectionery treats to be paired with the world’s top champagnes, wines and spirits. -> More information – Discount tickets
4. Bricks LA 2018 at Pasadena Convention Center (Jan. 6-7)Highlights include over 13,000 square feet of custom made models, a play area for kids of all ages (adults included) & vendors selling new, used and vintage LEGO sets. -> More information
5. No Pants Metro Ride (Jan. 7)Ready to join hundreds of fellow angelenos in annual excursion to ride our city’s public transit system… sans pants? Your Sunday afternoon Expo Line trip suddenly got a lot more interesting. -> More information
6. 2018 Oshogatsu Family Festival (Jan. 7)Ring in the New Year and celebrate the Year of the Dog at the Japanese American National Museum in Los Angeles on January 7, with art, food, dance and more. -> More information
7. The LA Art Show (Jan. 10-14)The LA Art Show comes to Los Angeles Convention Center January 10 – 14 for the West Coast’s most comprehensive art experience of the year. -> More information – Discount tickets
8. ‘Tijuana’ at the Skirball Cultural Center (Jan. 11-12)Tijuana is a multimedia solo show straddling the line between fiction and reality which stars Gabino Rodríguez. Playing at the Skirball Cultural Center on January 11-12. -> More information
9. dineL.A. (Jan. 12-26)L.A.’s restaurant week (it’s actually two weeks) kicks of 2018 with another round of exclusive lunch and dinner menus (and deals!) at a laundry list of the city’s finest eateries. -> More information
10. Burger & Beerfest at Santa Anita Park (Jan. 13)The Burger & Beerfest comes to Santa Anita Park on January 13 with the perfect combination for your taste buds! -> More information – Discount tickets
11. Anime Impluse (Jan. 13-14)Fusing the world of anime and video games, Anime Impulse will feature celebrity appearances, esports, artist alleys, Kawaii fashion, and cosplay, all at the Fairple in Pomona. -> More information
12. Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration at The California African American Museum (Jan. 15)Celebrate MLK Day by making quote-filled dream catchers, listening to a marathon reading of Dr. King’s speeches and spending time with the community. -> More information
13. Winter Snow Fest Hosted by the City of Diamond Bar (Jan. 20)Enjoy a snow day in Diamond Bar at the annual Winter Snow Fest on January 20! Over 100 tons of snow will provide hours of sledding on four hills. -> More information
14. Art Los Angeles Contemporary in Santa Monica (Jan. 25-28)The Art Los Angeles Contemporary (ALAC), the International Contemporary Art fair of the West Coast will be held January 25-28 at Barker Hangar in Santa Monica. -> More information
15. stARTup Art Fair in Venice Beach (Jan. 26-28)The Kinney Venice Beach will house work from 55 independent artists within over 50 hotel rooms, hallways and outdoor spaces during this immersive art fair! -> More information – Discount tickets
16. Night on Broadway (Jan. 27)The annual community event is back with another year of live performances hosted at some of L.A.’s most historic theatres. Music guests include the B-52s, WAR and more. -> More information
17. Uncorked: Los Angeles Wine Festival at Union StationUncorked Wine Festivals is coming back to LA for the third annual Uncorked: LA Wine Fest at iconic Union Station in Downtown Los Angeles on January 27. Sip more than 150 wines! -> More information
18. Rick and Morty Pub Crawl in Long Beach (Jan. 27)Hundreds of Ricks and Mortys parading around the streets of downtown Long Beach? Count us in! -> More information
19. DTLA PROUD Block Party 2018The DTLA PROUD Block Party 2018 comes to the Broadway Theater District January 27 for its second annual celebration in front of Precinct at 4th and Broadway. -> More information
20. SoCal Museum Free-For-All (Jan. 28)On the last Sunday in January over 30 museums will offer free admission at locations spread throughout the greater Southern California area. Participants for this year include many locations that are not normally free such as the Natural History Museum, LACMA, and the GRAMMY Museum, along with museums that regularly offer free admission such as both Getty campuses and The Broad. -> More information
21. Pickwick Vintage Show in Burbank January 28 (Jan. 28)The Pickwick Vintage Show comes to Pickwick Gardens in Burbank January 28 for an array of vintage collections spanning all eras. -> More information
Article courtesy of We Like LA.