Hot Tub Cinema Club has been putting on events in Europe and Australia over the past two years. The premise is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: Small groups gather in inflatable hot tubs to hang out on warm days/evenings and watch cult classic films, with a bit of drink and grub thrown in for good measure.
According to a release, HTCC’s L.A. debut will feature six screenings which will be limited to 20 tubs per screening with up to five people per tub. That’s 100 people per engagement. We Like L.A. spoke with a rep from Hot Tub Cinema Club via email who gave some additional details. Here are few key need-to-knows:
- Showers and a changing room will be available on site, meaning you don’t necessarily have to show up or leave in your swimwear.
- Towels can be provided to guests, but you’re encouraged to bring your own.
- Food and drink on hand should include pizza and beer.
- About 80% of the tubs get sold on an entire tub basis (think: bring your group of friends) but individual tickets can be purchased for shared tubs, meaning it’s possible you end up tubbing with strangers.
- The ticket price is projected to be $40 per person.
Hot Tub Cinema Club is targeting late September for its Los Angeles debut, but no official date has been confirmed as yet. The location will be somewhere in Downtown Los Angeles, but again, no venue has been confirmed. For now, interested guests can sign up to stay apprised of pre-release tickets at hottubcinemaclub.com.
Story courtesy of We Like LA.