This Labor Day weekend, from Friday, August 31 to Sunday, September 3, features The Taste, the L.A. County Fair, Made in LA Fest, Fiesta Hermosa, Broad Fest, a Vegan Street Fair, and MUCH more.
Friday August 31st, 20181. L.A. Times The Taste returns to Paramount Studios (August 31 to September 2) with tastings from some of the best chefs in Los Angeles selected by The Time and demos, pop-ups and chef experiences.
2. Cinecon Classic Film Festival at Hollywood’s Egyptian Theatre (August 30 to September 3) is 5-days of classic film screenings, celebrity appearances, panels, a memorabilia show, and more.
3. The L.A. County Fair returns to Pomona for a enormous assortment of activities, musical performances, food and beverage offerings, and more. The fair runs through September 23. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. West Adams Avenues Jazz and Music Festival is three nights of music including jazz, blues, funk and more, as well as activities, arts and crafts, and food trucks. FREE
5. Friday Night Fireworks at Dodger Stadium will feature a dazzling fireworks show on the field after the game paired with music. This week the boys in blue will go up against the San Diego Padres. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. The 626 Night Market is back for its seventh season at Santa Anita Park. Happening Aug. 31 through September 2, the event will feature over 250 vendors selling crafts, merchandise, art, music and a massive selection of food from local restaurants, food trucks and more.
7. The L.A. Zoo will offer free admission for veterans, active, and retired military personnel this Friday in honor of LA Fleet Week. Offer valid from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Up to six accompanying friends and family members can receive a discount of $3 off adult and $2 off child admission. Must present a valid military ID at the time of purchase.
8. The Roadium in Torrance presents Classic Drive-in Movies every Friday night in August and the first Friday of September. Each family-friendly event features classic films projected on the screen tower. Continuing the series is a screening of The Endless Summer.
9. L.A. Fleet Week is back from August 31-September 3. Hosted at Los Angeles Cruise Terminal in San Pedro the event will feature various military ships, guided tours, military demonstrations, live entertainment, aerial demonstrations and more. Plenty of venues will also be participating including Cabrillo Marine Aquarium, CRAFTED at the Port of Los Angeles, and 22nd Street Park. FREE
10. Barnsdall Fridays at Barnsdall Art Park comes to a close this Friday evening with tastings of boutique wines and music from KCRW DJs perched atop a hill with incredible city views.
11. The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
12. The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features DJ Nights, an evening of entertainment curated by some of the city’s best and most influential DJs. FREE
13. The Queen Mary will celebrate Labor Day with free admission to all active and retired first responders (military, police and firemen) now through September 3.
14. Are you a Chase bank customer? Got a freebie you might want to know about. Coolhaus is teaming with the Forum and Chase to hand out free ice cream sandwiches to Chase customers on Fridays all summer long. Locations will change every Friday, and the offer is ice cream sandwich per cardholder. Get more info here.
15. Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Parkat the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances of A Mid Summer Nights Dream and Titus Andronicus Wednesday through Sunday. This is the last week to catch performances. FREE
16. Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftops of LEVEL in DTLA and NeueHouse in Hollywood with multiple screenings this week that include A Quite Place, Isle of Dogs and more.
Saturday September 1st, 201817. Golden Road Brewing’s Made in LA Festival, is two-days of music and arts celebrating Los Angeles with acts like Saint Motel, Dorothy, and Mondo Cozmo set to perform.
18. Head to downtown Hermosa Beach for Fiesta Hermosa Sep. 1-3 for one of the largest arts and crafts fairs in Southern California. Hosting over 300 artists, expect live music, a beer & wine garden and a kiddie carnival to entertain all day long. FREE
19. Vegan Street Fair Sep. 1-2 returns to Los Angeles for 2018 with a plethora of vegan-friendly eats and vendors, including Evolution Burger, Charlie’s Brownies, Donut Friend and much more. The fair will also include games, live entertainment and karaoke.
20. Eat|See|Hear returns for 2018 with a screening of Selena on Saturday at The Autry. Check for discounted tickets at select screenings. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21.. The Silverlake Flea-Night Market taking place every Saturday from 5-10 p.m. all summer long features a plethora of local, independent sellers that offer vintage clothing, art, rare vinyl, crafts, and much more.
22. 68th Annual Long Beach Greek Festival is back this Labor Day weekend (Sep 1-3) with authentic Greek food, music and lots of dancing. FREE
23. Cinespia is back for its 17th summer season, at the Hollywood Forever Cemetery for screenings of films modern, cult, and classic. This Saturday they’ll screen Beverly Hills Cop and Sunday they’ll screen Now and Then.
24. WP24 by Wolfgang Puck is hosting a sky-high Labor Day BBQ on the private poolside rooftop of The Ritz-Carlton in DTLA. Enjoy panoramic views while dining on Executive Chef John Lechleidner’s Prime Beef Brisket, Baby Back Ribs, BBQ glazed chicken and more. Reservations are encouraged.
25. Local Mexican-American band La Santa Cecilia will close out Pop Saturdays, a summer series of free concerts taking place at Marina del Rey’s Burton Chace Park. FREE
26. Outdoor theater Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum, located in Topanga Canyon summer 2018 season begins on June 2 with a performance of Shakespeare’s Coriolanus. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
27. Street Food Cinema returns this weekend with a screenings of The Wizard of Oz at Park Center in Griffith Park and The Wedding Singer at Will Rogers State Historic Park in Pacific Palisades. Select screenings are discounted via Goldstar. DISCOUNTED
28. Wei Mountain Temple in Rosemead will host The 10,000 Buddha Relics Collection Exhibit from September 1-3. The exhibit will feature the sacred bones of Shakyamuni Buddha as well as tens of thousands of brightly colored crystals known as shariras.
29. JAM Sessions at Burton Chace Park is a free evening of dancing salsa to the music of La Santa Cecilia. FREE
Sunday September 2nd, 201830. Head over to The Eli and Edythe Broad Stage in Santa Monica on Sunday for Broad Fest, a free live entertainment event for the whole family. Live music will be played on the stage throughout the day. Fun activities for both kids and adults will be provided, with sweets, snacks, and food available for purchase. FREE
31. The 2nd Annual Jamaican JerkFest and Dancehall Party comes to Union Nightclub in Arlington Heights this Sunday. Enjoy authentic Jamaican cuisine, drink rum punch, and dance to pulsating dancehall music and live Jamaican rhythms from genres like ska, reggae, and lovers rock. Free admission.
32. L.A. Dragon Studios located in the valley is a all you can play gaming center with VR, Escape Rooms, and an Arcade all for a flat fee of $10. Open seven days a week.
33. Mount Wilson Observatory is offering classical music concerts within the dome of the 100-inch telescope above the observatory. Located in the San Gabriel Mountains above Pasadena, the shows are ear candy with a view!
34. Delicious Vinyl will host a West Adams Block Party with performances by KRS-One, Masta Ace alongside DJ sets from a number of respected artists. The day will feature food trucks and vendors, including Delicious Pizza, LocoL, Alta Adams and Highly Likely. There will be a beer garden for the 21+ crowd and activities for kids as well. FREE
35. Missed last week’s bbq event at Smorgasburg LA? BBQ Day Repeat will see the return of this delicious day along with the last Ice Cream Alley of the summer.
36. Head over to the Regent in DTLA for The Rock and Roll Flea Market where you can checkout 50 vendors offering vintage and handmade crafts, including clothing, jewelry, memorabilia, instruments and more, as well as vinyl. Free admission.
37. The Highlight Room will host a Labor Day Backyard BBQ on Sunday from 2 – 7 p.m. Indulge in the BBQ and hang out by the pool sipping cocktails jamming to DJ tunes and taking in the 360 degree views of Los Angeles.
38. The historic Alex Theatre in Glendale will be celebrating its 93rd birthday with a free all ages community event that includes music, specialty cocktails, food, raffles, and tours of the theatre. FREE
39. Yoga at Angel City Brewery welcomes all levels of experience with a donation of $15-20 that includes a free drink at the end.
40. A Yeti Village has been constructed on Hollywood and Vine in anticipation for the movie SMALLFOOT. Designed to look like winter, visitors of all ages can dance in a blizzard, swing on a cloud, ride a 20-foot slide, play in a snowball pit, sing karaoke, do arts and crafts and more. The family-friendly experience is free to attend and runs through September 14, 2018. FREE
41. There’s a Silent Disco happening at The Federal Bar in North Hollywood this Sunday with Top 40 Dance Hits, EDM, Hip Hop, R&B along with 80’s, 90’s and 2K throwbacks.
42. There’s two new hyper-realistic VR experience at The VOID in Glendale a Ghostbusters themed experience and a scarier Nicodemus: Demon of Evanishment experience. Experiences run on different days, be sure to check their schedule.
Monday September 3rd, 201843. Head over to Leimert Park on Monday for Refuge Block Party, a celebration of the endurance of people who live on the streets. Organized by The California African American Museum, the event will feature music, live performances, and food trucks. Care packets will also be given out to people in need.
44. Melody located in Virgil Village will celebrate Labor Day with an all-afternoon patio BBQ. Guests can enjoy burgers, sandwiches, oysters, and red, white & pink wines. Cornhole and an all-vinyl country western deejay will round out the patio shindig.
45. Join L.A. Conservancy on National Skyscraper Day as they host a special Modern Skyline walking tour. Get to know the skyscrapers that helped shape DTLA’s epic skyline and hear fascinating stories about Bunker Hill while exploring some of L.A.’s newest landmarks.
46. Prank Bar is having an All-American BBQ for Labor Day with Chef Ricardo grilling racks of ribs and half chickens paired with mac n’ cheese, coleslaw and fries. Drink specials include beer, boilermakers and something called “All-American Truffle Shuffle” a PBR Tall Boy and Dickel Rye Whisky shot.
47. Spend Labor Day with family during the inaugural family-friendly music, arts, and kids activity festival: Littlepalooza happening in Long Beach.
48. Esters hosts happy hour all-night on Mondays and that includes this Labor Day! From 3 p.m. to close, guests can take advantage of $9 glasses of house wine, burrata crostini for $7, half a dozen oysters for $18, and more.
49. E.P. & L.P. in West Hollywood continues their stylish cinema series Melrose Rooftop Theatre with a screening of Black Panter.
50. Shakespeare’s most magical play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream comes to a close at the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon this Monday.
Schedule courtesy of We Like LA.