Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (April 6 to April 8) includes Sleepless, SoCal Corgi Beach Day, Rooftop Cinema Club, L.A. Beer Festival, Dosshaus “Paper-Thin Hotel” installation, Foodie Con, Brewery Art Walk, Queens of the New Age Festival, Roaring Twenties Street Jam and much more.
Friday April 6th, 20181. Sleepless, The Music Center’s beloved late-night event, returns on April 6-7 for two evenings of art, dancing, and music! This year’s theme is Disco Lives. Guests will dance, roller boogie, watch film clips of the era, and much more.
2. Rooftop Cinema Club returns to the rooftop of The Montalban in Hollywood with a screening of The Big Lebowski. Other screenings this weekend include Back to the Future, The Shape of Water and more.
3. First Fridays return to the Natural History Museum this Friday. The event will explore the L.A. Backstory with NHMLA History Department and live music from Chelsea Jade and Jamila Woods.
4. From Trail to Table in the 21st Century comes to The Autry this Friday and The event will feature a discussion with modern cowboys on how to raise cattle, food stations serving natural grass-fed beef creations, access to the galleries and garden of The Autry, and presentations by chefs and food history experts.
5. The Griffith Observatory hosts a monthly forum where some of the most amazing phenomena in the known universe are explained and discussed. It’s called All Space Considered and it takes place on the first Friday of every month. FREE
6. Dwell on Design a design and architecture convention that runs April 5-7 will take place at the Los Angeles Convention Center and will feature speakers, panels and consultations by acclaimed architects, interior designers and design visionaries. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
7. Candytopia brings its immersive, oh-so-sweet Insta-friendly experience to Santa Monica, where it will remain till July 4.
8. Check out Butterfly Season at Kidspace Children’s Museum now through May 4. Activities include daily butterfly exploration in the Stone Hollow Amphitheater.
9. Hangout at the Aquarium of the Pacific at night and see sharks, jellyfish and more in a different light! Happening multiple times this week. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. Descanso Gardens is hosting another edition of Tomatomania this Friday from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Tomato fans and gardeners will have a chance to purchase tomato seedlings and listen to tomato lectures.
11. Since its the first Friday of the month check out all the cool events happening around town including block parties and art walks for First Fridays.
12. 260LA will host an Equinox sample sale event April 3-8 in Beverly Hills with brands like nike, Rhone, lululemon, Spiritual Gangster and more at a steep discount.
13. Museum of Selfies opens on April 1 and will run till May 31 with 10 interactive exhibits that welcomes visitors to take a closer look into the cultural phenomenon. The curators of the Glendale musueum have also collected an array of Instagram-inspired art as well as an Iron Throne made of selfie sticks for guests to enjoy. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. See the Hermosa Hitigrls battle the Redondo Riots in a Kentucky Derby themed all female roller derby this Friday!
15. Lauren Conrad’s fashion line Paper Crown is having a sample sale April 5-6 with up to 70% off on dresses, blouses, bottoms, outerwear and the bridesmaid collection.
16. Decompress at Mystic Journey Crystals in Venice with a crystal sound bath that combines original compositions and performances with crystal singing bowls.
17. The Rachel Pally Warehouse Sale will run April 6-8 with 60% to 75% off retail prices on contemporary, maternity and plus lines. There’s even discount racks starting at just $10, restocked each day.
18. The Groundlings: The Completely Different Late Show is a hilarious improv show by the cast of the Groundlings’ Main Company. Audience shout suggestions throughout the night for improvisational scenes performed by some of the best in the business. It’s also a testing ground for brand new material for the Groundlings’ main show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
19. Beauty Park’s one day sample sale will feature the best Korean beauty and skincare products at 50% to 80% off.
20. Step inside The Museum of Illusions in Hollywood and find yourself in a classic painting, part of a cartoon, part of current events, inside movies and much more. Highlights include watching the Titanic go down, “climbing” a sheer cliff and other eye popping visuals. Happening all week. (DISCOUNTED)via Goldstar
21. Dogeared is having a jewelry sample sale in Culver City this Friday, everything will be priced $5 to $20.
22. Free admission at: Norton Simon Museum (5 to 8 p.m.), Pasadena Museum of California Art (noon to 5 pm) and Long Beach Museum of Art (11 a.m to 5 p.m.)
Saturday April 7th, 201823. Get ready to paw-ty, because SoCal Corgi Beach Day returns with more than 1,000 Corgis expected to attend. Happening at Huntington Dog Beach, lively events include cutest cardigan Corgi contest, a tiki-themed Corgi costume contest, Starboy Iggy and his Corgi Hula Hoop Show, and a Corgi coconut pie-eating contest. FREE
24. Hosted at The Reef in Downtown L.A., Foodie Con April 7-8 will feature shopping, book signings, cooking product demos, food court vendors from local restaurants and chefs, plus beer, wine and spirits for sampling. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. The 9th Annual L.A. Beer Fest returns this Saturday to the Los Angeles Center Studios in Downtown L.A. for an afternoon of showcasing 80 breweries serving up 200 beers.
26. Art duo Dosshaus will transform the Corey Helford Gallery into a flop-house hotel from the 60’s made entirely of recycled cardboard hand painted to look like black & white illustrations. The exhibit will house hundreds of individual pieces including a “Paper-Thin Hotel” with several life size rooms. FREE
27. Mickey’s marks 65 years of business on April 7, to celebrate they will offer the first 65 people who come into the shop that day their choice of a free Mickey’s Combo, Sauce Sandwich or slice of pizza. Each customer thereafter that will be able to purchase those three items for only $0.65 each. The special runs from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
28. The Original Renaissance Pleasure Faire is back at the Santa Fe Dam Recreation Area in Irwindale for another year of fun every Saturday and Sunday from April 7 through May 20. Check for discount tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. A Current Affair is a pop-up vintage marketplace with a highly curated list of vendors from all over the state is taking over the Cooper Design Space in DTLA April 7-8.
30. Celebrate the 4th birthday of Redondo Beach’s King Harbor Brewing this Saturday. The party will include copious amounts of beer (30+), snow cones, music, games and more.
31. The Brewery Art Walk returns April 7-8 with over 100 artist in residence opening their studios to the public allowing people to view art, get to know local artists, support their work and more. FREE
32. There’s a Free Yoga Class Hosted by OLIVERS Apparel at One Down Dog in Silver Lake this Saturday. RSVP here. FREE
33. The Museum of Failure has a new location on Hollywood and Highland with new exhibits and products that include Juicero, Facebook Gifts, RCA SelectaVision, Pets.com, and Google Wave. There’s also an entire section dedicated to Hollywood with some of the industry’s biggest fails. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
34. The SkyFlow Festival, at The Row in DTLA will feature six different yoga and meditation classes on two rooftops, a Festival Season Fashion Market, aura photography, a sunset dance party, and more.
35. The VOID’s virtual reality experience Star Wars: Secrets of the Empire is now open in the Glendale Galleria. The “hyper-reality” experience puts players in a 360 virtual world allowing them to touch, smell, and sensing their surroundings.
36. The NERO48 Pop-up of Mexican Contemporary Design comes to Vinz on Fairfax April 7-8 for a weekend of shopping, food, wine, music, and fun that features handpicked products designed by some of Mexico’s most talented makers. There will also be workshops and lectures presented by international artists and designers.
37. Stash House, a new escape room in L.A. will allow you and your friends to get actively involved in a crime drama — with zero chance of going to prison. Happening all week.
38. Downward Grog presents Brewery Yoga this Saturday in Boyle Heights at Indie Brewing Company.
39. 23rd Annual Uptown Whittier Spring Antique Street Faire will have dozens of vendors selling collectibles, jewelry, art, furniture, glassware, and more.
40. Greenbar Distillery has teamed up with The Burrito Project and a select list of local bars and restaurants, to provide thousands of burritos to those in need in the Los Angeles area. Simply go to a bar on the list and order a CITY Bright gin cocktail from there Greenbar Distillery will donate a burrito to The Burrito Project. Get more info here.
Sunday April 8th, 201841. The 5th Annual Montrose Craft Beer Fest will feature a wide range of breweries that include Wolf Creek Brewery, Hilltop Homebrewers, Bottle Logic Brewing and Hangar 24. In addition to beers there will be food samples, lawn games and photo booths.
42. Queens of the New Age: Festival of Extraordinary Women at CAAM (California African American Museum) celebrates extraordinary women through a day of family fun, featuring DJs, live performances, food trucks, a powerful discussion with top female artists and producers, and workshops. FREE
43. Roaring Twenties Street Jam returns to the historic Griffith Park Merry-Go-Round for a Gatsby themed lawn party by day and merry-go-round dance party by night. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
44. Support local artists and teachers during the Barnsdall Art & Craft Fair. The free event will feature handcrafted jewelry, ceramics, cards, prints, paintings and more by art students and teachers for sale. Proceeds from the event will support the programming at Barnsdall Art Center. FREE
45. The 23rd Annual Tokyo City Cup and Japan Family Day returns to Santa Anita Race Track for SoCal’s biggest Japanese cultural and food festival, along with a horse-racing event.
46. Le Salon de Musiques presents a stage free chamber musical experience with champagne and high tea to follow at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion this Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
47. Metro Art Presents “The North Patio” spring concert series, in the historic Union Station’s tranquil North Patio every Sunday from April 8-22. The concerts kicks off with Mary Lattimore. FREE
48. The Wallis in Beverly Hills will host “Dance Sundays” with famed actress/dancer/choreographer Debbie Allen. Suitable for the whole family, each month will feature a special dance theme, this month it’s Salsa. FREE
49. Visit Virtual Room in Hollywood for a group VR adventure in which you’ll go back in time to ensure a better future.
50. Same Same, Silver Lake’s Thai wine bar, will celebrate its second anniversary this Sunday. At 6 p.m. they’ll host a party with blessings, Thai decorations, music and dancers, and a complimentary snack for all guests.
51. Free admission at: Museum of Latin American Art ,Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can) and USC Pacific Asian Museum (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Schedule provided by We Like LA.