Los Angeles provides no limit of things to do, some awesome and some not so awesome.
Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (December 22-24) includes Deck The Halls Concert, Little Dom’s Ugly Sweater Christmas Party, CHILL Adventure Park, Winter Fest, The 58th annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration and MUCH more.
Friday December 22nd, 20171. Looking to literally step into the Christmas spirit? Check out out round up of where you can walk into life-size gingerbread houses in and around Los Angeles.
2. The LA Master Chorale will host a Deck The Halls holiday concert at the Walt Disney Concert Hall in Downtown Los Angeles. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
3. The Rink in Downtown Burbank returns with a festive ice-skating event from December 14 through January 7. Check for discount tickets for this weekend while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Come dressed in an ugly sweater and get a free mini martini or mini Manhattan from 5:30 p.m. to close during Little Dom’s Ugly Sweater Christmas Party.
5. Long Beach Ballet’s The Nutcracker is accompanied by a full symphony orchestra along with a special appearance by Rebel, Long Beach Ballet’s stunning white Arabian horse. Happening Friday through Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
6. California Market Center, in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles’ Garment District, opens to the pubic for a big sample sale this Friday (just in time for holiday shopping!).
7. Union Station concludes its holiday season of Cocoa Concert with La Picante’s “A Very Salsa Christmas” in the historic south patio this Friday. FREE
8. There’s an ALL NIGHT Holiday Party happening at The Reserve in DTLA this Friday with a tribute room dedicated to Mariah Carey and the main room spinning old school hip hop and RnB.
9. Star Wars: The Last Jedi will screen at the El Capitan Theatre in Hollywood starting this Friday. Experience an intergalactic Laser Lightsaber Show before the movie and check out real costumes from the film up close. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
10. The Museum of Failure has landed in Los Angeles at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more. Check for discount tickets while supplies. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. 260LA will host a Stila Sample Sale at their Beverly Hills location from December 19-23. Score premium deals on a full spectrum of the makeup brands products.
12. The Grand Chapiteau at Dodger Stadium will be home to Cirque du Soleil’s new big-top show LUZIA. Inspired by the rich culture Mexico, the dazzling acrobatic performance will be heightened by brassy Mexican and Latin American sounds. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Rockwell: Table & Stage present the unauthorized musical parody of John Hughes classic Home Alone. Happening Thursday through the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
14. Long Beach seafood concept Roe will host a week long culinary Feast of the Seven (Sustainable) Fishes from December 17-24. Prepared by Chef Arthur Gonzalez, the event will focus on one sustainably sourced seafood dish per night, served alongside a dish “Catch Card” detailing the fish species, catch location or fish origin, and the names of both the fisherman and the boat.
15. Head to the New Beverly for a Christmas-themed double feature this Friday. They’ll be screening It’s A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Story in 35mm. Happening Friday and Saturday.
16. Rooftop Cinema Club Ultimate Holiday Movie Series will host a month-long schedule of Christmas inspired movie screenings from December 1-23. The series concludes this weekend with screenings of Elf, Home Alone and It’s a Wonderful Life.
17. See the merriest Christmas light show in the city at City Blessing Church in Walnut during Lights on Miracle Hill: 12 Days of Christmas every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from December 1-24.
18. Free admission at: Long Beach Museum of Art and Museum of Latin American Art (5 to 9 p.m.)
Saturday, December 23rd, 201719. Winter Fest Returns to OC Fairgrounds (Dec. 21 to Jan. 7) will offer an all-new festival of lights, snow summit, winter bounce houses, outdoor ice skating, ice tubing, snowfall and the man of the season, Santa Claus. Check for discount tickets this weekend before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. CHILL Adventure Park returns to the Queen Mary in Long Beach from December 13 through January 7. Come experience ice bumper cars, ice skating, an Alpine Zip Line and more chill themed activities. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
22. RuPaul’s Drag Race divas are taking over the Orpheum Theatre for one epic holiday spectacular. Hosted by Trinity “The Body” Taylor with appearances by fan-fave contestants, guests will see them perform and participate in a rare audience Q&A. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted ticketsbefore making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
24. Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
25. Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018. Be sure to check for discounts before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar) Happy Place has been temporarily closed down due to permitting issues. December tickets are currently being refunded. You can read the latest ticketing update via their Instagram.
26. The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
27. Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
28. Take a Downtown Los Angeles foodie walking tour and savor what the bustling neighborhood has to offer. The tour is three hours long, participants will stop at six popular spots to eat and the tour guide will take folks through the history of DTLA. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
Sunday, December 24th, 201729. The 58th annual L.A. County Holiday Celebration is a free Christmas Eve celebration at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion featuring Los Angeles-based musicians and dancers, including the Gay Men’s Chorus, City Ballet of Los Angeles, M-Pact and more. FREE
30. The Spare Room at the Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel is host to the MatzoBall an annual Jewish singles networking event. Though most attendees are Jewish, more singles of all backgrounds are now showing up for this hugely popular party.
31. Need a little Christmas Eve refreshment? Grab a seasonal drink of one of 15 Places in L.A. to Get an Amazing Holiday Cocktail, including Westbound, Big Bar, and Casa Vega.
Schedule by We Like LA.