Since time is precious in this fast paced city we curate a list of things to do in Los Angeles for every weekend that’ll help you decide how you want to spend your limited supply of attention (not to mention dollars!).
This weekend in L.A. (December 8-10) includes Snow Wonder, The Extreme Beer Fest L.A., the Echo Park Craft Fair, Merry Merry Malibu, the Venice Canals Holiday Boat Parade, a Griffith Park Festival of Lights Hike, Manhattan Beach Holiday Fireworks Show and MUCH more.
NOTE: With the numerous wildfires and extreme wind conditions around SoCal today, our top priority is that you stay safe. Remember that you can sign up for emergency notifications from the City of Los Angeles – Emergency Management Department in order to stay updated on any important messages relevant to your location.
Friday December 8th, 20171. California Market Center is hosting Fashion with a Cause, charity sample sale this Friday featuring 20 plus vendors and sips and bites from local L.A. vendor pop-ups. The event will benefit the Vanderpump Dog Foundation.
2. Refinery29 presents 29Rooms, a festival in Downtown L.A. focused on style, culture, and technology. The fest runs back-to-back weekends (December 7 – 10 & December 14 – 17) at ROW DTLA.
3. It’s hard not to make fun of the holidays, laugh about the “most wonderful time of the year” when the Groundlings troupe returns with their beloved Groundlings Holiday Show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. Score amazing designer brands available for as much as 80% off at Gilt Sample Sale on December 8- 9. Taking place at Siren Studios, shopper will enjoy cocktails, snacks, on demand alterations and styling services. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
5. The USC Pacific Asia Museum in Pasadena is reopening to the public this Friday. To celebrate the museum will offer free admission from December 8-17. Among the exhibitions on view will be Winds from Fusang: Mexico and China in the Twentieth Century, which showcases the connection between the creative communities of Mexico and China in the last century, and is presented as part of Pacific Standard Time: LA/LA. FREE
6. See the merriest Christmas light show in the city at City Blessing Church in Walnut during Lights on Miracle Hill: 12 Days of Christmas every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from December 1-24.
7. Take a Downtown Los Angeles foodie walking tour and savor what the bustling neighborhood has to offer. The tour is three hours long, participants will stop at six popular spots to eat and the tour guide will take folks through the history of DTLA. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
8. Enjoy the world premiere of a new version of George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker at Dorothy Chandler Pavilion from December 7-10. Check for discounted tickets on select dates before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
9. The Museum of Failure has landed in Los Angeles at A+D Architecture and Design Museum in the Arts District. Exhibits include some of recent history’s biggest commercial flops, including Donald Trump’s board game, the Harley-Davidson Perfume, the Apple Newton, the Betamax, Google Glass, and more.
10. Spamilton a parody that celebrates and roasts the Broadway musical will make its West Coast premiere at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City. Happening throughout the week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
11. The L.A. Auto Show is back for another round of test drives, new car showcases and ‘The Garage” aftermarket hall from December 1-10.
12. Something Rotten!, a hilarious new musical comedy tells the story of brothers playwrights overshadowed by the great Will Shakespeare. Follow them as they try to steal the spotlight and end up unexpectedly end up writing the world’s very first musical. The show runs November 21 through December 30. Check for discount tickets while supplies last. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
13. Rooftop Cinema Club Ultimate Holiday Movie Series will host a month-long schedule of Christmas inspired movie screenings from December 1-23. The series continues this weekend with screenings of Home Alone, Nightmare Before Christmas and more.
14. See the twinkling lights taking over our city during the Holiday Lights tour of Downtown Los Angeles. The tour is two hours long and starts at Union Station in the evening and ends at Pershing Square. Happening throughout the weekend.
15. Get ready for another season of ice-skating in Downtown Los Angeles when the Bai Holiday Ice Rink returns to Pershing Square from November 16 through January 15, 2018. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
16. The Sorting Room winter session is in full swing with eclectic performances spread over two weeks (through December 21). Each show includes special happy hour drink deals beforehand, with featured talent ranging from poets to composers, jazz singers, Tony Award winners and cabaret singers. This weekend features Shaina Taub (Friday), Pia Toscano (Saturday) and Get Lit! (Sunday).
17. The Heart of Robin Hood offers a fresh take on the most infamous of outlaws from writer David Farr (The Night Manager). Playing at The Wallis from November 29 through December 17.
Saturday, December 9th, 201718. Celebrate the magic of the holiday season in Marina del Rey during Snow Wonder, a lively family event, followed by the 55th annual Marina del Rey Holiday Boat Parade. FREE
19. The Extreme Beer Fest Los Angeles is coming to DTLA’s California Market Center this Saturday with creative beers both local and international. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
20. The Echo Park Craft Fair returns to Mack Sennett Studios in Silver Lake on December 9-10 for two-days of holiday shopping from 120+ curated vendors and festive activities and entertainment. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. The 71st Annual Naples Island Holiday Boat Parade comes to Long Beach on Saturday with an entertaining display of boats of in all shapes and sizes. This year’s theme is “The Canals are Alive with the Sound of Music.” FREE
22. The Grand Chapiteau at Dodger Stadium will be home to Cirque du Soleil’s new big-top show LUZIA. Inspired by the rich culture Mexico, the dazzling acrobatic performance will be heightened by brassy Mexican and Latin American sounds. Happening all weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
23. The Echo Park Community Parade returns to Sunset Boulevard to celebrate the holiday and its vibrant neighborhood.
24. SIP. SHOP. EAT! at The Collective Pop Up Market comes to The Allies in Downtown L.A. for a fun intersection of your favorite things past times: food, style, and drinks. Check for discounted ticketsbefore making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. Baldwin Hills Crenshaw presents their Winter Wonderland Holiday Celebration with Council member Marqueece Harris-Dawson and the City of Los Angeles. There will be snow sledding, giveaways, holiday music, a visit from Santa, entertainment, and more. FREE
26. The Renegade Craft Fair comes to Los Angeles State Historic Park for a two-day showcase of some of the best independent craft and design work from artisans and makers.
27. The 7th Annual Holiday Concert & Santa on the Pier returns to Redondo Beach for some seasonal fun, live tunes and a Surfing Santa. FREE
28. Merry Merry Malibu hits the beach December 9-10 for a joyous weekend of holiday festivities at your favorite shopping centers by the water. Hosted by Malibu Village, Malibu Country Mart, and Malibu Lumber Yard, this cheery two-day affair will feature a variety of festive holiday activities including a gingerbread cookie-decorating workshop, holiday tree exhibit, pet adoptions, and holiday carols.
29. The darkest shopping event of the year is back, the 9th Annual Bitchcraft Winter Faire will take place in Highland Park with 30+ food, art and shopping vendors.
30. Take a Downtown Los Angeles foodie walking tour and savor what the bustling neighborhood has to offer. The tour is three hours long, participants will stop at six popular spots to eat and the tour guide will take folks through the history of DTLA. Happening Satruday and Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
31. Shop local during Artisanal LA Holiday Market taking place in Downtown Arcadia. Over 100 indie makers, crafters, and chefs will be on hand for all your holiday needs. FREE
32. Enchanted: Forest of Light is in full swing at Descanso Gardens offering guests a colorful one-mile path walk through 10 distinct light displays at unique points within the garden including the Oak Grove and the Japanese Garden. The event runs until January 6, 2018. Check for discount tickets while supplies. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
33. Experience the food and culture of East Hollywood’s ethnic neighborhoods through a four hour foodie tour this Saturday. DISCOUNTED
34. ban.do will host an epic holiday event called “the mall” on December 9-10 at their Hollywood Headquarters. The immersive shopping experience is an 80’s mall themed pop-up featuring tons of ban.do items on sale as well as other brand shopping and activations like manis from Olive & June, pretzels from Auntie Anne’s and more.
35. The 2017 Downtown Pomona Christmas Parade will take over the Downtown area with a family friendley parade. FREE
36. “Sanrio Village” at Tanaka Farms is a special seasonal holiday program in Irvine where guests enjoy a festive wagon tour of the 30-acre farm and photo opportunities and with Sanrio characters and Santa himself. Guests can also explore the Holiday Market Stand, offering arts, crafts, and holiday activities for families and children. Happening from November 24 through each weekend until December 17, 2017.
Sunday, December 10th, 201737. The Griffith Park Festival of Lights Hike 2017 returns on Sunday. Join a cheery group of hikers as they wear lit outfits by way of Christmas lights for a hike up Mount Hollywood. FREE
38. Le Salon de Musiques presents a stage free chamber musical experience with champagne and high tea to follow at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion this Sunday. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
39. Head to the South Bay for a day of holiday festivities, live music and the famous Manhattan Beach Holiday Fireworks Show. The fireworks spectacle begins at 7 p.m. but you won’t want to miss the full day of fun that includes a snow park and sled hill. FREE
40. This Sunday the Hanukkah Festival: LA/LA will take place at the Skirball Cultural Center. Highlights include Latin Jewish bands, cumbia dance lessons, hands-on art activities, a chocolate decorating workshop & live storytelling. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED(via Goldstar) SPECIAL NOTE: The Skirball Cultural center was closed on Thursday, December 7 due to the nearby wildfire in the region. Please be sure to check with Skirball’s official website for the latest updates on closures and/or cancelling of this event.
41. Stevie Wonder’s Annual Benefit Concert at The Staple Center will help collect toys and other donations for children, the disabled and families in need. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
42. Pee Cast Blast, an all-day, Monsters of Rock-style event featuring the best comedy podcasts of all time takes over the Theatre at Ace Hotel in Downtown Los Angeles this Sunday .
43. The 36th Annual Venice Canals Holiday Boat Parade will take place this Sunday. This year’s theme is “Peace on Earth” with the parade starting at the corner of Eastern and Sherman Canal at 4 p.m. FREE
44. Sherman Oaks resident Mike Ziemkowski’s elaborate Christmas themed animatronic characters will return once again with Lights on Display a dazzling light show with a playlist of holiday tunes spun by the beloved DJ Jingles. The show runs every night until January 1, 2018. FREE
45. Five holiday-themed concerts will be performed by the LA Master Chorale at Walt Disney Concert Hall between December 2 and 18. Expect Handel, Bach and more.
46. One of L.A.’s most magical holiday traditions, LA Zoo Lights returns November 17 through January 7 with thousands upon thousands of LED lights glowing up the zoo. Check for discounted ticketsbefore making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
47. Happy Place brings a bright and immersive pop-up experience to the Arts District starting today. Capture perfect Instagram moments and enjoy sweet treats as you journey through one-of-a-kind installations designed to make you smile. Runs on select dates through January 7, 2018.
48. Get into the winter spirit when ICE at Santa Monica returns with a 8,000 square foot ice skating rink. Running November 1, 2017 through January 5, 2018.
49. Rockwell: Table & Stage present the unauthorized musical parody of John Hughes classic Home Alone. Happening Thursday through the weekend. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
50. The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
Schedule provided by We Like LA.