This weekend, from Friday, July 20 to Sunday, July 22, features JAWS at The Hollywood Bowl, L.A. Zoo’s Roaring Nights, 626 Night Market, Big Sing California, Dance DTLA, Summer Street Market Nights, Movie Night at The Wiltern and MUCH more.
Friday July 20th, 20181. As part of their summer line-up, the Hollywood Bowl is hosting a rendition of the thrilling cult classic Jaws for two nights on July 20 and 21. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
2. Salsa at the Station returns to Los Angeles’ Union Station for an evening of exciting Latin music and salsa dancing in the beautiful train station’s historic ticketing hall. FREE
3. The Los Angeles Zoo’s annual after-hours music series, Roaring Nights, is back for summer 2018. Come experience DJs, indie bands, Silent Disco, the all-new Glamping Lounge, adult beverages, more than a dozen great food trucks each evening and more. The series continues with a 90’s theme night with covering bands like Weezer, Alanis Morrisette, The Backstreet Boys, the Goo Goo Dolls, Smash Mouth and more. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
4. WP24 by Wolfgang Puck’s Summer Supper + Show returns every Friday and Saturday, July through August, with a Asian-inspired dinner at WP24 by Wolfgang Puck followed by a movie screening on the private 26th floor hotel rooftop. This weekend they’ll screen 1995’s Jumanji .
5. The La Brea Tar Pits and Museum will host Late Night Fridays where guests can enjoy free general admission from 5 to 8 p.m. and gain access to special activities, 3D movies, behind-the-scenes tours, live excavations, and more. FREE
6. Outfest Under the Stars is four nights (July 18-21) of LGBTQ films at Hollywood”s Ford Theatres. The series will screen Bad Reputation, Wild Nights with Emily and more.
7. dineL.A. will have food-lovers and connoisseurs taste, explore and enjoy various prix-fixe menus from restaurants across various L.A. neighborhoods from July 13 through 27 .
8. Zombie Joe’s Underground takes their production outdoors for Camp Whitsit. Described as a haunted immersive trip to summer camp for very courageous scouts the production takes place this Friday and Saturday.
9. Old Pasadena Summer Cinema continues with screenings of In Bruges at Distant Lands and The Incredibles at One Colorado on Friday then Wonder Woman at One Colorado on Saturday. The series brings free movie screenings to the Old Pasadena area at select venues from July 5 to 28. FREE
10. 626 Night Market returns for three nights of deliciousness at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia.
11. Friday Flights at The Getty invites artists to respond to the iconic architecture, gardens and exhibitions of the museum through multiple art forms that include music, performance and film. FREE
12. For over 30 years, Grand Performances has offered a variety of performance events at California Plaza, for free. Their 2018 summer series runs June 1 through August 18. This Friday and Saturday G.P. will host Pancho Villa From a Safe Distance with Graham Reynolds and Mexican Theater collective Lagartijas Tiradas al Sol with “a bilingual, multimedia chamber rock opera that explores borders, battlefields, conflict, and culture through the life and mythology of the iconic José Doroteo Arango Arámbula aka Pancho Villa.” FREE
13. Back for the 15th year in a row, The Independent Shakespeare Co. presents Shakespeare in the Parkat the Old Zoo in Griffith Park with free performances Wednesday through Sunday of A Midsummer Night’s Dream. FREE
14. Odd Nights at the Autry features 22 gourmet food trucks, a full bar, mobile boutiques and pop-up shops from local makers, and live music from emerging artists.
15. Get Fit an inaugural Workout Week Los Angeles Festival happening July 14-21 will bring 100+ classes at participating boutique gyms and studios for $10 per class.
16. Barnsdall Fridays returns to Barnsdall Art Park for the tenth year in a row, with evening tastings of boutique wines and music from KCRW DJs perched atop a hill with incredible city views.
17. The Music Center’s annual Dance DTLA series is back for 2018 with a series of Friday-night events at Grand Park. This week features Dance DTLA an evening focused on salsa. Enjoy music, dancing, and more starting at 7 p.m . FREE
18. Delicious Little Tokyo 2018 (July 20-21) is a food and drink event taking place on the streets of Little Tokyo, from local establishments.
19. Shakespeare By The Sea will once again offer a ten-week program of admission-free performances. The series continues with performances of The Merry Wives of Windsor in Marine Mammal Care Center in San Pedro on Friday, The Winter’s Tale at Cesar Chavez Park in Long Beach on Saturday and The Merry Wives of Windsor at Cesar Chavez Park in Long Beach on Sunday. FREE
20. Beyond the Streets is a fully immersive exhibition of street and graffiti art comprised of over 30 artist in a massive 40,000+ square feet exhibits. Artist are an eclectic mix of street and beyond including Retna, Shepard Fairey, Kenny Scharf Dennis Hopper and Jenny Holzer. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Open Tuesday through Sunday this week. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
21. The Department of Beaches and Harbors presents Beach Movie Nights at Dockweiler Youth Center this week screening The Incredibles. FREE
22. Are you a Chase bank customer? Got a freebie you might want to know about. Coolhaus is teaming with the Forum and Chase to hand out free ice cream sandwiches to Chase customers on Fridays all summer long. Locations will change every Friday, and the offer is ice cream sandwich per cardholder. Get more info here.
23. Jazz at LACMA welcomes Rayford Griffin at the BP grand entrance at 6 p.m. FREE
24. Perfect for dog lovers, Mutt House is a musical centered around a doomed animal shelter, a boy named Eddie and six zany mutts working together to save the shelter they all call home. Performing at the Kirk Douglas Theatre in Culver City from July 15 through August 5 with previews beginning this week on July 10. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
25. The City of Monterey Park presents Summer Movies in the Park a family friendly event with free popcorn taking place in different parks in the neighborhood. This month Wonder will be screened at Cascades Park. FREE
26. Free museum days: Long Beach Museum of Art (11 a.m. to 5 p.m.)
Saturday July 21st, 201827. Come share your voice at Big Sing California, a choral concert broadcast across the state along with choirs from San Francisco and more during a simultaneous performance. The Los Angeles edition will take place at The Walt Disney Concert Hall. FREE
28. Summer Street Market Nights taking place at The Mixing Room at the JW Marriott in DTLA will feature an assortment of interactive food stations offering international cuisine paired with themed entertainment. This week the theme is Bollywood with unlimited sweet and savory Indian street food.
29. Street Food Cinema returns this weekend with a screening of 10 Things I Hate About Youat Heritage Square Museum and The Princess Bride at Pan Pacific Park in Beverly Hills. Select screenings are discounted via Goldstar. DISCOUNTED
30. PLAYDATE 2018 is an after-hours adult night that supports the Kidspace Children’s Museum, a non-profit organization. The evening will include cocktails, food and access to the museum’s various exhibits. All funds raised will benefit Kidspace’s educational programs, summer camps and free family nights.
31. Pop Saturdays, a summer series off free concerts taking place at Marina del Rey’s Burton Chace Park kicks off with R&B artist Lalah Hathaway. FREE
32. Sweetgreen launches The La Brea Farmer’s Market a weekly market hosted within the parking lot of Sweetgreen’s storefront on the corner of La Brea and W. 2nd Street. The market will feature 40+ vendors that range from produce, meats, dairy, and beyond. On launch day guests can enjoy a wine and lounge garden with Helen’s Win, mini Sweetgreen salad bowls, DIY floral Bar, live music and DJ sets from HAIM, Them Jeans and Dana Boulos.
33. Enjoy a summer movie night at Warner Ranch Park in Woodland Hills when Movies on the Greenwith a screening of Jumangi: Welcome to the Jungle. FREE
34. HUSHfest the all-ages Silent Disco dance party will take place on the Santa Monica Pier this weekend with a Daft Punk vs P-Funk vs G-Funk theme.
35. TOMS will be hosting a special screening of the Original Sleeping Beauty film on The Green at The Americana at Brand to celebrate the launch of TOMS x Disney Sleeping Beauty Collection. FREE
36. The South Pasadena Summer Arts Crawl is an all ages free evening event featuring gallery exhibitions, art activities, live music, open houses, food and drink specials, and more along Mission Street and the South Pasadena business district. FREE
37. Composers and filmmakers create scores to be performed live at the 5th annual Los Angeles Live Score Film Festival at Barnsdall Art Park’s Gallery Theatre.
38. Eat|See|Hear returns for 2018 with a screening of Ocean’s Eleven at Centennial Square at Pasadena City Hall. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
39. Celebrate summer in the SGV during Movies in the Park, a free outdoor film series screening at Alhambra Park. This weekend they’ll screen Coco. FREE
40. Outdoor theater Will Geer’s Theatricum Botanicum, located in Topanga Canyon summer 2018 season begins on June 2 with a performance of Shakespeare’s Coriolanus.
41. City of Rancho Palos Verdes presents Free Movies in the Park at Civic Center. The series will kick off with a screening of Coco. FREE
Sunday July 22nd, 201842. Movie Night at The Wiltern will screen classic films with live music and a full bar. This Sunday is a matinee screening of The Lion King with themed photo ops, face painting and coloring stations. Check for discounted tickets before making your purchase. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
43. Check out LACMA’s latest exhibition, 3D: Double Vision an interactive exhibit that explores the art and illusion of 3D.
44. The biannual Brewers United Fest returns with eight DTLA breweries for a special festival celebrating beers from Angel City Brewery, Dry River, Indie, Highland Park, Mumford, Arts District, Iron Triangle, and Boomtown. All proceeds go to the Keep-a-Breast Foundation.
45. Shakespeare’s most magical play, A Midsummer Night’s Dream returns to the Will Geer Theatricum Botanicum in Topanga Canyon for 12 performances throughout the summer, from June 3-September 3.
46. The City of West Hollywood’s WeHo Arts program presents the 2018 Summer Sounds Outdoor Concert Series. This Sunday 10-piece TropiFunk band Jungle Fire will give a free performance at Plummer Park. FREE
47. Friendship Buddies a free stand-up comedy show taking place at the Verdugo Bar back patio features some of the best comics in Los Angeles and beyond. Show starts at 8p.m. FREE
48. Free museum days: Museum of Latin American Art and Craft and Folk Art Museum (pay what you can)
Schedule courtesy of We Like LA.