Below are a few things you can do this weekend. Enjoy!
Thursday November 23rd, 201722. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!
23. Trot along the streets of Downtown L.A. during the annual Turkey Trot Los Angeles. This year, the Turkey Trot is also raising money for local non-profit The Midnight Mission.
24. CorePower Yoga will be holding donation-based classes at all 1o of their L.A. studios on Thanksgiving day. Proceeds from the donation based lass will go to a local charity chosen by each studio.
25. There’s a Long Beach Turkey Trot hosting a 5k and 10k run and walk on Thanksgiving morning.
Friday November 24th, 201726. California Market Center, in the heart of Downtown Los Angeles’ Garment District, opens to the public for a big sample sale this Friday (just in time for holiday shopping!)
27. Asian AF Los Angeles celebrates their one year anniversary show this Friday at Upright Citizens Brigade Sunset. Stand-up by Peter Kim, screening of Cartoon Network’s We Bare Bears, improv by Voltron: The UCB Superteam and more are on the bill.
28. Winter is coming and The Dirty Little Secrets will bring the heat to Harvelle’s in Long Beach with a steamy Game of Thrones Burlesque show. DISCOUNTED (via Goldstar)
29. The LA Phil presents West Side Story at the Walt Disney Concert Hall. Listen to the score performed live while the re-mastered film plays on screen. Happening Friday and Sunday.
30. The Holiday Light Festival Train Ride at Griffith Park is a festive one mile ride on the tracks with tens of thousands of lights to get you in the Holiday spirit. Running now through December 23 and then again from December 26 to December 30.
Saturday November 25th, 201717. Make feline friends at ‘Caturday Night Live!’, a sketch show about cats. Event will be at UCB SUNSET (HOLLYWOOD). Catch a slew of UCB house performers along with NaNa the Cat Lady. Cost: $7
18. Get crafty (aka buy crafts, not building things) for the holidays at Handmade LA. Will take place at the CRAFT & FOLK ART MUSEUM (MID-WILSHIRE). FREESunday November 26th, 201719. Celebrate brunch and bodies with deviled eggs’ Christmas burlesque show at the BRACK SHOP TAVERN (DOWNTOWN). It’ll feature a menu of modern takes on classic 1960s recipes, a lineup of burlesque dancers performing Christmas-themed acts, and a full bar with wine, beer, and an array of specialty, thematically-appropriate cocktails. Cost: $50-$65
20. Eat like it’s Thanksgiving all over again at Smorgasburg Black Sunday being held at ROW DTLA. Hit up Smorgasburg’s special Black Sunday Market with nearly double the amount of vendors on site. In addition to the holiday photo booth there will be a Land Rover converted into Jamie Oliver’s kitchen to serve up turkey banh mi sandwiches benefiting Food Forward.
Schedule provided by We Like LA & Thrillist.